When someone goes online or to the phone book to find a HVAC, electrical or plumbing company, he has a lot of choices. Once he makes a choice and becomes a customer, how do you turn him or her into a loyal, repeat customer?
Every plumbing, electrical and HVAC company should be going the extra mile to gain customer loyalty. How to do it? Here are some tips to ensure that your customers will keep coming back again and again.
- Always arrive on time. Do an outstanding, professional job when you are in someone’s home. Leave the work area cleaner than when you arrived. Be courteous and friendly.
- Ensure that it is easy to remember your name and phone number. Give your customers refrigerator magnets with your name and phone number on them. Spend money for an 800 number related to plumbing. Put your company’s name and phone number on the appliance you replace or repair.
- Stay in touch throughout the year by sending out a paper or email newsletter with plumbing and electrical tips. Mail holiday cards when appropriate.
- Offer coupons and discounts for loyalty. If you sell a maintenance plan, then give loyal customers five maintenance visits for the price of four. Offer them a discount on their second or third service call. If you have a Facebook business page, then give them a discount for “liking” the page.
- When a customer calls for service, have your phone employee ask him what is most important when having a service person in his home. Is it promptness? Cleanliness? Not playing a radio? Getting the work done quietly and quickly? Give this valuable information to the technician so that he knows how to behave in the customer’s home. Customers will appreciate and remember this.
Contact us for more information about going the extra mile to gain customer loyalty.