The internet has altered the landscape of how small business finds and attracts customers. In a recent survey, most people admitted to researching a business online before they ever stepped foot inside the building. It’s the modern equivalent of window-shopping. Thus, making it more important than ever to have a strong and positive presence online that potential customers can easily access.
Here are 5 easy ways (from Facebook to YouTube) of marketing your business and attracting new customers using much of what the internet has to offer.
- Strong Social Media Presence: A Facebook profile is an absolute must for your business. Chances are, if a potential customer does a search for your business, one of the first hits will be a Facebook page. Also, sign up for Twitter. You’ll be able to “tweet” special information like sales and promotions to your followers. 140 characters can go a long way.
- Become “Buzz worthy”: Websites like Yelp and Angie’s List can give you a leg up over your competitors. A few positive reviews about your business can help garner a buzz about your services. It is also a good idea to have a few write-ups on web forums that cater to what you specialize in.
- Trend With Google: Head on over to Google Trends. From there, see what sort of key words people are searching for in your area. Then, apply those words to sections of your existing website, and you’ve creating traffic. This will increase overall user activity in your area and get your name out there.
- Claim it!: In addition to the previously mentioned business look up sites like Angie’s List and Yelp, it’s a great idea to sign up for websites like Google Places, Yahoo Local and Bing Local. And for smart phone users, apply for geo-location applications such as Foursquare, and request that users “check-in” when they visit. This is a great way to get your name out there.
- Use the Power of YouTube: YouTube is one of the most visited websites in the entire world, so why not make a small promotional video touting your superior services? And don’t stop there. Producing a full-length commercial uploaded to YouTube can turn a worthy investment into new customers in a very short time. And if that’s not compelling enough, recent research shows that video converts four times as likely as text. Meaning more people are likely to give you try if they see a video about you.
Marketing for your business can seem daunting and even impossible at times. But with the power of the internet, cheap and easy methods exist. Having and maintaining an online presence is integral to the vitality and longevity of your business. Feel free to contact us for more information.